Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Day 4...North Sydney Nova Scotia


Well, Don and I are now officially members of the Wal Mart Camping Community. We camped in the Wal Mart parking lot last night in Moncton New Brunswick. Met a couple from Ontario who were very nice and very helpful. They told us we had to buy a new 2010 Atlas of US and Canadian travel as it has every Wal Mart in both countries listed. People actually do stay here most of the time, but we have decided not to tonight as we like having a little electricity, water, and especially the wi-fi so I can talk to people and update this blog. We visited in the couple's camper...sorry forgot their names. They have a beautiful airstream travel home that they haul behind a truck. It's very nice, and I am sure very expensive., but I can see why people buy them. We plan to stay in Wal Marts when we have travel days as we do not really need much. Played cribbage and got dinner and walked around for a while. We have just arrived here and I am including photos of Don hooking up the water in "our home away from home" and the view from our motor home...... pretty impressive. We are 15 minutes from the Newfoundland Ferry, so tomorrow we are off to sea for 6 hours. My friend, Susan who is from Newfoundland just e-mailed me and asked for some "Snowballs" a candy that can only be purchased there, so I will have to check that out. We are having a great time and meeting new people and will post again once we get to Newfoundland.



No comments:

Post a Comment