Friday, June 11, 2010

We're Off



June 11, 2010:
We headed south at 3:30. First stop Topsham to buy a generator. That's a just in case item needed when staying at places without power...a necessary evil I call it. Our first two nights we will be staying at Scott's house. Our nephew is getting married next summer and we are attending an engagement party. We also have to get our last grandchildren fix before we head west. So our actual beginning of the trip will be on Monday. It's pretty nice here in Stratham, NH and I am liking the electricity and wifi that Scott is providing. He has a nice camp site here on his small cul de sac. After an engagement party, t-ball game, Daisy Scout ceremony, and lots of good-byes we will be off in the rain. We thought we might leave on Sunday and get a few miles down the road, but things took longer on Sunday than we anticipated so Monday is our actual date of departure. We hope to get into western New York. Our itinerary will keep us in the lower 48 until we reach Montana, and we have many stops planned along the way. I have to tell everyone, my new ipad is the best tool for travel. On it I will Skype and iChat and I have more apps for the trip than you can imagine, including one that lets us know where all of the free stays are on the way. I can also read a book, and I am playing Scrabble with about 12 people on any given moment, and when I want I can watch a Netflix movie. All in all I think we are all set...ready and raring to go.

2 comments:

  1. We are following your trip here at the office! Safe driving!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sign. Can't wait to continue reading of all your adventures. Have Fun!
    Blessings,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete