Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jasper Icefields to the Alaska Highway

My Observations:
36 degrees on the Jasper Icefield. We walked on a glacier.
Canadian Rockies are beautiful.
300 miles a day is enough.
The A-team is a good movie.
Watch for buffalo in the road in British Columbia.
Don and I are still speaking.
Scrabble is a good game.
Reading books to the driver makes the trip go faster.
I recommend "A Terrible Glory" by Donovan...it's about Custer's Last Stand.
We are also reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series....excellent.
My ipad is indispensable.
Did I say my ipad IS indispensable?
Rainy days are not fun....only have had a couple but still not fun.
Camping people are very friendly.
Mosquitos are big in the Yukon.
Bears are cute when little.


People leave signs in Watson Lake....thousands.
Gasoline costs more in Canada.
We eat better when traveling in the RV.
The Alaska Highway is long.
Don is a very patient man.

Life is good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment